Browning worked with Marian University as Construction Manager for the new E. S. Witchger School of Engineering. The building is a four story, 78,000 square foot LEED and Fitwel Certified facility built specifically to provide students with the learning environment, equipment, and technology they need to succeed during their collegiate career and beyond.
Built for collaboration and hands-on learning.
- High-tech classrooms built for interaction and hands-on learning that allow students to take theory learned in the classroom and apply them in various laboratory settings.
- Thirteen laboratories featuring collaborative robots, machine shop and Maker Space, materials testing and characterization equipment, wind tunnel for aerodynamic testing, and a two-story process control unit.
- Five study and collaboration spaces, and a prayer room.
- Signature artwork reflecting Marian’s Catholic Franciscan values.
- A sky bridge connecting the new Witchger Center to Marian Hall.
Browning views the role of Construction Manager encompassing more than just the construction phase – done correctly it is a partnership with our client but also the Design Team. As such, our entire team (Project Executive, Director of Pre-Construction, Project Manager, and Field Superintendent) worked side-by-side with the design team of Browning Day / Perkins & Will to share ideas, experiences, constructability, and cost information in real time, so the design and pricing worked together simultaneously as opposed to waiting until the drawings were complete to bid out to subcontractors.
78,000 Square Feet